Advances from the Office of Naval Research STEM Grand Challenge: Expanding the Boundaries of Intelligent Tutoring Systems
The Office of Naval Research (ONR) STEM Grand Challenge was a competition between four top teams working on Intelligent Tutoring Systems to push the boundaries of STEM education using computers. This collection will highlight the high quality systems and research produced under this challenge.
Edited by: Scotty D. Craig, Arthur C. Graesser, and Ray S. Perez
Collection published: April 2018
With the increase in professional development (PD) programs that use video as a means for supporting teachers’ learning and instructional improvement, there is now interest in understanding the thinking and decision making that occur behind the scenes in facilitators’/designers’ minds as they plan and lead PD that capitalizes on the power of video.
Edited by: Miray Tekkumru-Kisa and Mary Kay Stein
Collection published: 25 November 2017
This thematic series brings together the work of scholars from around the world to investigate the trends in STEM education research in terms of coverage of STEM practices and to illustrate how STEM practices can be made a component of STEM instruction.
Edited by: Prof Sibel Erduran
Collection published: 16 February 2015
Most popular articles published recently
Discover the most accessed articles in the last 9 months.
- Assessing teacher education and professional development needs for the implementation of integrated approaches to STEM education by D.J. Shernoff et al
- The effects of an afterschool STEM program on students’ motivation and engagement by J.R. Chittum et al.
- Integrating STEM in elementary classrooms using model-eliciting activities: responsive professional development for mathematics coaches and teachers by C.K. Baker and T.M. Galanti
Aims and scope
The International Journal of STEM Education is a multidisciplinary journal in subject-content education that focuses on the study of teaching and learning in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
The journal provides a unique platform for sharing research regarding, among other topics, the design and implementation of technology-rich learning environments, innovative pedagogies, and curricula in STEM education that promote successful learning in Pre K-16 levels including teacher education. We are also interested in studies that address specific challenges in improving students’ achievement, approaches used to motivate and engage students, and lessons learned from changes in curriculum and instruction in STEM education. The journal encourages translational STEM education research that bridges research and educational policy and practice for STEM education improvement. Read more
Curiosity. Wonder. Questions. Learning.
The Book Series: Advances in STEM Education
Advances in STEM Education is a new book series with a focus on cutting-edge research and knowledge development in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education from pre-college through continuing education around the world. Read more
2017 Journal Metrics
62 days from submission to first decision
18 days from acceptance to publication
Social Media Impact
This journal is indexed by
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO TOC Premier
- ERIC System Database
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Education Database
- ProQuest Materials Science & Engineering Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- Summon by ProQuest
Find us on Facebook
- ISSN: 2196-7822